Counselor / AC Application
Registration for Counselors / ACs is now CLOSED.
Please read the following information regarding Counselor / AC positions at CYC!
Counselors and Assistant Counselors lead the campers throughout the week of camp. From ensuring basic safety to getting campers to class on time, Counselors and ACs bond with each other and with their campers to create priceless memories!
Our Counselors and ACs are taught leadership, communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills that we believe build confidence and are invaluable in school and in life. Besides being an essential part of helping CYC run smoothly and safely, CYC Counselors and ACs form a bond unlike any other and more importantly, have tons of fun!
To be eligible to be Counselor / AC, you must:
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Complete registration, UT Forms, AND PAY for CYC Camper + Bus fee
- Complete the Counselor / AC application.
- Attend an interview on April 15th or 16th, 2017.
If you are selected, you must:
- Attend the training two weekends before CYC.
- Call campers and families to go over camp rules.
- Be present the entire week of camp.
- Help move inventory the weekend before camp and the weekend after camp.
- Potentially attend camp a day early.
- Potentially attend a sleepover at a date TBD.
Interviews for Counselor and Assistant Counselor will be held on April 15th and 16th , 2017 at the Chinese Community Center. Interview slots will be assigned on a first come, first served basis, so don’t wait to apply!
This year, we are opening up counselor and assistant counselor positions to incoming college sophomores for the Fall 2017 to Spring 2018 school year. No prior camp experience is required to apply, but please be aware that priority will still go to high school students.
ALL APPLICANTS will need to register as a camper and apply to be a Counselor or Assistant Counselor (including college applicants). Counselors and ACs will pay camp fees upfront, and a portion will be awarded back as a scholarship at the end of camp pending a performance evaluation. They will also receive 40 hours of volunteer service hours towards college applications for those who request it. Don’t forget, CYC camp leaders can be tapped for referrals and references as you apply for college!
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please see important dates below:
• March 1st: Counselor/Assistant Counselor Registration and Application Opens
• March 13th – May 31st: Camper Registration
• March 31st: AC/Counselor Applications due by 11:59pm
• April 15th and 16th: Counselor / AC Interviews
• End of April – May: Results will be posted as soon as possible but no later than the end of May.
• July 8th – 9th: Counselor and Assistant Counselor Training (Location TBD)
• July 23rd-29th: Houston CYC 2017!